Old 08-10-22, 11:05 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Point of advice: if you've done a hard workout and your hobby is endurance sport.........don't leap from the couch relaxing soon after that workout. Bad idea.

I had heard this, but never heeded it. Last night I had showered and grabbed a post workout snack to watch TV with the wife. I was laying on the couch maybe 5min and we see the dog pacing. "Dog been out?". I forgot. I leap up to take dog out not thinking. I had to just lean on the couch for a second looking stupid. Nice and slow. Let the blood return to the brain.

Otherwise, in a matter of 2 days two of the three bikes down for a few days. The gravel tires on the TCX got a puncture, it sealed but I didn't realize it. It lost pressure over Monday and I went to pump up to ride at lunch today and it couldn't seal at the higher pressure. So it needs a vulcanized patch inside, which I just ordered. LBS didn't have any. None of them locally. Only plug kits. WTF. Then the roadie on the trainer last night decided to let the BB start singing. So that's done for and I ordered one. The old one from the TT bike came with before converting to the DUB BB had unknown mileage, so will not be using that despite it being exactly what I need. Just wait for Backcountry order.

All that's left is the track bike on the trainer, or the TT bike. Not going to waste miles on the cross race tires to get anywhere to ride. How it goes sometimes.