View Single Post
Old 08-18-22, 07:00 AM
Chilik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
your post does lack some clarity, not related to any language issue.
your height is not 1.85 cm - is 1.85 M ?
is your inseam measurement as quoted - 91.5 cm - 'cycling' inseam - usually measured floor to bottom of pubic ischium (ramus) ? is not your pants inseam ?
91.5 cm would indicate a slightly longer than average leg length for someone 185 cm, but not major difference.
you don't mention your saddle extension (with reference on how the number/measurement is done)
but given it's prolly in the neighborhood of 80ish cm - Center of BB to some point called 'saddle top' (assuming 175 crank length and about 46-47 shoe size)
Most road bike frames in larger size would have a 73-72 deg STA, mtb most use 1 deg steeper - 74-73, TT bikes 2+ steeper 76-75...
most 'gravel type bikes have similar STA angles to road and the Head tube angle is slacken a bit...
not uncommon to have a larger road frame like 60 cm and greater to have a 72 deg STA...
so
your bike, with seat centered on a zero-offset seat post, extended to 80 cm height, with STA of 76 - compared to a 73 deg. STA = seat tube is 4 cm further forward for 76 STA
comparing to what often is found on large frames - 72 STA - the 76 STA will put you 6 CM further forward...
both measurement differences are quite large.
you have a 30mm setback seatpost - most riders normally will have a setback post of -15 to 25 cm... quite a few riders with shorter legs use a zero setback post... but they are compensating for shorter legs - you have the opposite.
you don;t mention what Stem Length and angle you are using ???? important !
what you might be able to do...
make sure your saddle is 'neutral'/flat/horizontal, not tilted forward
make sure it has CroMo saddle rails and move it as far back as possible (knowing that whatever weight you are, you might eventually bend the saddle rails...) minimum of 2, even 3 cm back from center...
WHAT IS YOUR STEM LENGTH and ANGLE ?
in any case, DO NOT go shorter, go longer, at least 20 mm but longer than 20 mm might even improve things more...
You don;t mention what the Frame 'Stack' is or the Headtube length - given some 'normal' stack or length for the frame size - raising the bars , stack, may not do much for changing weight distribution - used more for 'posture' adjustment...
Posting in the 'Frame Builders' may give you some further comments and variation of consideration... But They will also want more info and accuracy...
I don;t think there is any viable (and economic) way to alter the STA on your frame.
YMMV...
Ride On
Yuri
185cm height.
my 91.5 inseam was measured in a bike shop fitting machine, so i guess its my cycling inseam. no shoes.
shoe size is 45 and top of saddle is 80cm to center of bottom bracket.
im using 100 stem length with a positive 7 degrees.

stack: 601mm
head tube length: 125mm
head tube angle: 70 degrees
reach: 390mm
top tube length(effective): 540mm

my friend thought i had more then 76 STA.
this is the result: 76.98, more crazy then was intended.
Likes For Chilik: