Old 08-18-22, 06:40 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by amyvegan
i appreciate any and all pics on how to solve my problem more safely and elegantly. reaching between my legs at a stop sign to pull out a water bottle is not my idea of elegant.
It'll be a few days before I can get you a pic as my adult son has my Dahon right now (someone stole his Jamis, grrrrr). The revelate bag has 3 attachments: one wide velcro fixed strap, one narrow velcro strap with multiple attachment points on both sides, and a "leash" with a backpack style clip. I put the wide velcro strap over the handlebar, and use the narrow velcro strap to attach firmly to the vertical post. This is extremely secure and the "leash" isn't really needed. It's purpose is to hold the bag if you pull your stuff out really hard in an upright vertical movement; it stops up and down movement but nothing side to side. I have found the two velcro straps works absolutely fine to hold the bag even vertically when removing a water bottle (which is a one handed operation using the unique drawstring). If that doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to go over to my son's apartment so I can get a pic. I have the bag because I also use it on my Bike Friday but he has the Dahon, lol.