View Single Post
Old 08-19-22, 05:04 PM
steelbikeguy

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1843 Post(s)
Liked 3,466 Times in 1,609 Posts
Originally Posted by mkeller234
Well... since everyone else is posting pictures, Ill join in. This is an old photo, but not much has changed. I have had simplex, cyclone, VGT derailleurs on there. I checked last night, it's back to the VGT-luxe. The biggest change is now the bar tape looks like holy hell.

white Blumel fenders? Nice!
I've got a spare set of white Blumel Popular fender purchased when the LBS was cleaning out their basement. Still wondering what to do with them. They do seem like they would be rather fragile. BITD, I had some aluminum Blumel "Lightweight" fenders on my Gran Sport. All I remember is that they made a lot of noise. In retrospect, I think they must have been rather nice.

Also... you get extra credit for the Huret Multito odometer! Does it have an Ant+ connection to the power meters in your pedals?
I've stuck with an intermediate point in technology, using Avocet computers on my vintage bikes. Yeah, the battery has to be replaced annually, but no software updates are needed and there's no need to pair it with anything else on the bike. I do like the speedometer function too.

Steve in Peoria
Likes For steelbikeguy: