View Single Post
Old 08-23-22, 09:09 AM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2743 Post(s)
Liked 492 Times in 356 Posts
Originally Posted by JW Fas
1. Don't ride in the door zone. Make the cars wait until there is room to safely pass.
2. Your initial slap on the car was okay, because any vehicle that is close enough to touch is already way too close.
3. Your second round of banging on her car was too far, because the immediate danger was gone. If this had turned into a police matter, you would've been hammered for escalating the conflict when the danger had passed. If she tried to use her vehicle as a weapon or she got out of her vehicle to confront you, then it would be a different story, but neither of those things happened.
I prefer to ride as far to the right as possible, I try to look at all of the parked cars mirrors to see if someone is inside. I take liberties with the rules of the road and my main ethos is to stay out of the way. This means that I don't take the lane because I don't want to slow traffic, but in doing so I don't insert myself and force cars to change lanes to pass. I trust that cars will still respect my space and stay atleast 12 inches from me.