View Single Post
Old 09-08-22, 07:57 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10529 Post(s)
Liked 12,105 Times in 6,195 Posts
Originally Posted by t2p
cmon - the suspense is killin me ... howzit look ?

what year / color Circuit ?

carbon or aluminum fork an option ?

the OEM steel fork from the 24" frame sounds like a great option if you plan to go the original route - especially if the steerer is a tad long which should allow the stem / bar to be raised a tad (more) if you desire

what drivetrain(s) are you considering ? spread triangle to 130mm to accommodate more contemp options ?

what size tires are you planning to run ? my guess is with the original steel fork 28mm tires should work ... ? ...

I have a Kinesis aluminium fork on a Peloton - the fork appears to be the limiting factor as far as tire size goes ... 28mm tire should fit on the rear with room to spare - but 28mm will be a very tight fit on the front if it will fit
It's a 1989, Candyapple Red. It originally came with a chrome Tange Aero fork, and that's what I'm looking for. As somebody said, it's a threaded fork, so the one from the 24" would have to be cut down and threaded.

My goal is to build it up as close to original as possible, by cannibalizing my current, 22" 1989 Circuit. I've gotten that to KIND OF fit, as I mentioned, with a long seat post and 130mm stem. But it's still too small - the saddle-to-bar drop is about 2 cm too much.

So, I'd be taking the original Sante kit off the 22" and building up the 23" with it.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles