Thread: Tubes
View Single Post
Old 09-08-22, 04:38 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Liked 771 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
What leads you conclude there would be an increase in CRR at 80 psi, and why there would be a difference between tire/tube and tubeless?

The divergent Tom Anhalt "jump" in resistance curve is basically due to the inflated tire not deflecting enough to conform to the road's roughness.
What 'leads me' is right there, in the chart for a tire with latex. The 'jump' is inconsequential, in this conversation.
The difference between 80 and 115 psi for this tire and latex is sizeable, in the favor of 115. given the test conditions. CRR will also vary, depending on the force/pressure put to the wheel assembly on the roller - so there's likely a broad range of what is 'optimized' between a 130 lb and 230 lb rider. Would be true for any/all tires or tire/tube combos...
Difference between Tubeless and Tire/tube ? As I noted, tubeless tires will be constructed differently and will react differently...
I don' think there's a direct/equivalency between a Conti GP 5000s and 5000s TR. Basic contruction might be similar, but add some more/different interior wall sealing, different construction at the bead, there'll likely be difference performance curves.
Ride On
Yuri