bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked 2,687 Times in 1,122 Posts
Originally Posted by top506
I wonder where he sourced the graphics?

He got 'em from Wayne Bingham, the guy who bought Mel Pinto's business and inventory when Mel retired. Wayne's retail business is called Velo-Classique, with a store front (I believe) in Purcellville, VA (near DC). Last I heard he was planning to downsize and move to a smaller place, maybe switch to by-appointment only (no open hours), sort of easing into being retired.
I don't think he has a website. How to contact him is "left as an exercize for the reader". Here's an article about his shop a while back in Pez Cycling, and one from Handbuilt Bicycle News.
Note, there is a website called velo-classique.com, but it's Spanish language and not Wayne's business.
Oh I just noticed there is a website for Mel Pinto Imports, his wholesale business. You can probably contact him through that.

Wayne's a good resource for many weird old French items, like the 28 mm headset on these Follis tandems. When I needed a replacement clutch/spring for a Simplex retrofriction shift lever, he had 'em, NOS. We haven't met other than in emails but he seems like a real cool dude, and definitely solid/reliable.

Mark B