Old 09-20-22, 04:25 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1869 Post(s)
Liked 666 Times in 508 Posts
One approach to the oozing is to move the saddle forward so that "after the ooze" your sitbones are in the right places on the saddle. Another is to gently start to raise the nose of the saddle to have gravity add a little force in the rearward direction, acting on your pelvis to keep it from forward motion, however slow. As a test, sliding the saddle forward is good since it shows that you are not on the saddle as you should be.

By "negative 2 degrees" do you mean that the nose is up or down?

In the current saddle position, are you tending to slide forward as you pedal? If so I would gradually move the saddle nose up. This is where a micro-adjusting seat post with two bolts, not just a single clamp bolt with the mount rotation being limited by a ratchet, helps a lot to find the best spot. The best spot might be between ratchet points. If you raise the saddle nose slowly you should feel the pressure on your underside moving. The pressure should be on your sitbones and not of significant magnitude in front ot them, and you should not be using your legs to hold yourself in place. You should be sitting on your saddle with stability with your back straight up and with your pelvis and back rotated forward to reach the hoods and preferably the drops.

For me this last paragraph is really important in fitting myself. It works for Mrs. Road Fan as well and for a tri-winning neighbor lady whom I helped once. It also mirrors a lot of what Carbonfiberboy recommends, due to his long experience and his research.