View Single Post
Old 09-27-22, 11:06 AM
VintageRide

Bikes: 1970 Gitane TDF; 1985 Norco Magnum GT ; 2013 Rawland Stag ; 1981 Fuji 650b; Early '80's Kuwahara Cascade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 55 Posts
Snagged a TA Cyclotouriste triple on Ebay France , given the weak Cdn. dollar the total amount with shipping was 168.00 which is not too bad, plus the gearing is what I prefer and the crank arms are 172.5mm in length. Found an inexpensive Stronglight axle that should hopefully work.

Does anyone know if the Mafac front rack that mounts to the brake arm pivot bolts can handle a large sized Berthoud bag? I think probably not if one puts enough weight in it. Also, are the Raids worth having? I can purchase a set of Dia Compe DC 750 brakes for a bit over 100.00 from Japan and I know they work well enough with good pads.

Also, I found a 125mm axle with the following measurements: 31 / 53 / 39 , I believe the Stronglight cups are thinner than TA versions which I assume are still on the Gitane. The axle centre measurement appears to be around 55 mm for both TA and Stronglight in regards to a triple from what I have read. I am thinking that this axle would end up moving further outwards on the drive side due to the somewhat shorter centre section between races.

Last edited by VintageRide; 09-27-22 at 11:09 AM.