View Single Post
Old 10-01-22, 10:01 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 1,781 Times in 903 Posts
Took the Ebisu All Purpose Bicycle out Saturday afternoon and rode East.

This is my more or less weekly hills and traffic drill in the topographically and demographically diverse communities East of Arlington, most often including Medford, Malden, Melrose, and Stoneham, but sometimes including Winchester, Woburn, Saugus, Wakefield, and Lynn. Lots of hills, and lots of inner-suburb traffic, with some bike paths thrown in for good measure. I had been watching the weather forecasts all week, and was delighted to discover that, by Saturday afternoon, all the rain went South. I believe I was hit by one perceptible rain drop. There was some invisible rain, as I thought of it, water vapor condensing on the helmet and various other things, that thickened and moistened the air. This picture of the ubiquitous gray clouds stands for the weather, which all in all I'd have to say was relatively favorable, especially in comparison to the images coming out of Florida.

Since I was riding the Ebisu, I took it to visit the Ebisuya Japanese Market, in Medford Center. Both the bike and the market do homage to the Lucky Fisherman.

Some of the drivers were testy today, and a little luck came in handy. I clocked 35mph on one of the downgrades, which is luck of a sort.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 10-01-22 at 10:06 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: