View Single Post
Old 10-09-22, 10:08 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,571 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
I like this bike because it is one of the very first 29ers and today is closer to what we would think of as a gravel bike. There are three interesting bikes that are early examples of innovating away from the mountain bike towards something closer to what today are gravel bikes: (1) the Bianchi project; (2) Bridgestone XO series (not all of them but the ones with road frame geometry and 26 inch wheels); and (3) the GT Tachyon (with the weird 700D wheels). I have an XO bike and I'd pick up a Bianchi project or even the GT Tachyon if I ever saw one locally:

https://www.bikehugger.com/posts/the...at-wasnt-700d/
Don’t overlook the Volpe. Whilst not strictly a cross or gravel bike it’s original “do all” approach to cycling meant that it would be equally at home on the roads for exercise, commuting, Randonneurering or taking a short cut down a gravel road or rail trail.

Sadly mine has never seen gravel but is a fabulous comfy ride.

The same with my little Project 3, it’s seen little mountain bike time, but is a real terror on the rail trails. Surprisingly these ancient Avocet FasGrip tires do a pretty good job for “all arounding”

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll: