Old 10-14-22, 07:02 AM
joey buzzard

Bikes: Swift Folder, Haro Vector, Sundeal V1 mini-velo,1991 Peugeot 531 Reynolds road bike with Campy wheels and Ultegra 6600 groupset

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinigis
OK, The rack with wheels was not stable enough to be useful, and making it wider is just not going to be an attractive option, so we are going back to the original rack and modifying it to look better.
The Origami Swift will be most beautiful without a rack. While I think that it's great that there's mounts on the frame for a rack for those who want one, aesthetically such a thing will detract from the bike's sleek simplicity.

Xootr sold a beam rack specially designed to clamp around their model's over-sized seatpost. I toured with it in the Yucatan once and found it worked ok. It wasn't capable of hauling super-düper heavy loads, but carried my clothes no problem and performed better than other beam racks I'd tried in the past, I think owing to the larger surface area underneath the clamp on the enlarged seatpost.

Anyway, good luck whatever you do. For what it's worth I thought your last rack design looked ok, so pity it wasn't up to snuff. Can't help but think that maybe the gods might be saying "keep it simple" though. I realise that's my own bias coming out.​​​​
Likes For joey buzzard: