Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked 520 Times in 184 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
"words of futility"
Kurt,

What, no attachments in your reply?

I did not call out your name before but you are right, for anyone viewing this thread it is pretty clear who I was referring to. I do believe that you misunderstand my point however. The "words of futility" I was referring to were yours written in this thread. For all of the time you spent writing them I do not believe you got much of a result for your effort. There seemed to be few who were swayed by your words and the sheer volume of them is off-putting to many. Then when you carpet bomb us with dozens of links, quotes, memes, and tweets in your 25 posts (so far) in this thread peoples eyes start to glaze over.

The OP was primarily referring to traffic in southern Cal and secondarily to the proliferation of Ebikes and the hazards that they additionally create for traditional cyclists. You however took the opportunity to drag the thread towards your own personal crusade regarding protected bike lanes. Hijacking a thread frequently happens here but not often as thoroughly as you have done! Also, the frequent name calling and mild insults do little to improve your argument.
Originally Posted by cudak888
"kvetching luddites"
I'm sure that you do not see it but the way you approach the subject (I believe) drives people away from what otherwise might be a perspective shared by others. The effect that zealots have on an argument is often counter productive to their desired outcome. Even though I am a lifelong cyclist I would find it hard to be supportive of any argument that you present in the manner which you have. I have little else to add but I expect that you will want the last word anyway!