Old 10-24-22, 04:40 PM
Symox

Bikes: '23 Poseidon Redwood, '07 Specialized Roubaix Comp Triple, '12 Gravity Fixie, '21 Liv Rove 4, '06? Giant EB Spirit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 151 Posts
I’m not a big fan of internal routing. It looks nice but can be a PITA to change cables in the future. Plus rattling in the frame can be an issue.

I like my bikes to be easy to service and get replacement parts for. But that’s just me.

Originally Posted by eduskator
Thread title says it all. I've been looking to cheat on Giant for a while now (last 6 bikes I've bought are Giant) and my eyes have been on a BMC Teammachine SLR01 Three since this summer.

PROS. Main reasons why I would upgrade my current TCR Pro 0 are:

1) Internal cable routing
2) R8100 groupset
3) Deeper rims (50mms would be a sweet spot for me).

CONS

1) Price (all Giant owners will agree that it's hard to justify the extra cost). The Teammachine's MSRP is twice the TCR's where I live, but I can get the former for 20% off from a close-by LBS.
2) No power meter (at that price tag, what the?)
3) Not tubeless / hookless setup. However, it seems like all DT Swiss wheels are TL compatible and I would need to upgrade the tires for 28mms anyways.

Any thoughts / opinions? I know both bikes shouldn't probably be compared as one is a luxury bike while the other one is the ''bike of the people'', but anyways.
​​​​