Old 10-30-22, 06:01 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4455 Post(s)
Liked 4,120 Times in 2,751 Posts
Originally Posted by McCycle
A reprint from yesterday's inability to post, but not quite stale yet ;]

This one is getting a bit long in the tooth but still very healthy for now, late 2015 13" MBP that I've really grown quite fond of, despite some obvious glitches.

I did manage to buy the axle from same seller off eBay no problems, the lack of PayPal availability off the website - repeated - was odd and unfortunate.

The conspiracy started long ago when someone showed me "this old bike" but I couldn't have it.

I finally got it like near 20 years later, and the years have not been kind, even though it was stored out of direct weather.

Things like for instance I can't service the headset because the stem has electrolized to the fork tube, I may have to content with wicking Tri Flow in or something heavier in there for what is going to be mostly a wall hanger that has cost me so much time - wrong time of year - and money, just because I have this thing for resurrecting old bikes...

Although I'm learning the very hard way to be weary of a bike left for dead such a long time ago.

And still I could never see it go to the dump.

And I couldn't own it without going totally OC on it, it's an escape for me, supposedly pleasurable ;]

It's an 80's Nottingham badge Raleigh - can now begin to see a ghost image of the model on the top tube but I don't know what it is yet, was Made in Canada, gorgeous butted frame, a little too tall for me, Shimano 600 everything except for Mafac 2000 brakes, Sunshine/Sansin hubs on Araya 27 1 1/4" rims, moustache handlebars, some brake levers I can't ID. Edit, the levers are Gran Compes with Gucci like crossed CG, very holy, "vintage drillium" I'm told by person who ID'd them off the guitar forum where I hang out, seems to be quite a few old bike nuts there.
Good mine is also an older MBP I think 2010-2011 though and I have another one that is older but I haven't really used that much at all lately so I probably should decommission it and donate it to charity or something. Macs last and last and last that is the problem, if they wouldn't stop running certain programs and have internet issues I probably could keep them going forever. My old desktop needs a new graphics card and it would still work and would be nice for some older games, maybe I should look into replacement for that and figure a good place to put it that I can run it again. My current desk doesn't have space for two monitors.

Old bikes are fun but some of them can be temperamental. I had a lovely old bike someone had custom painted but it was something decent and everything else came out just fine except the seatpost which was odd and I tried so much to get it out and eventually started cutting it to no avail hoping it might crack and come out. Was a shame because I really wanted to restore it a little and get it running for a friend. It had been converted to a fixed gear/single speed but that was fine by me I thought it was cool and worth saving and it had a 600 headset and cranks (Arabesque...muy bueno). I ended up selling to a co-worker and let her deal with it...LOL.

My Phil Wood bike was a bike I didn't need and is really mostly a wall hanger due to the fact I don't want to alter the look of it to make it more practically rideable which is dumb as hell and makes no sense.I had to have the bike and wanted it to look stunning which I think it does. However putting a set of moustache type bars and a mountain bike quill stem would make it more comfortable and it would still look good but my foolishness won't let me modify it and now that I have seen the really awesome Innicycle headset that would make it absolutely perfect but I just can't replace a Chris King with it and put on all the stuff that makes my more modern bikes comfortable as it would change the look.
Likes For veganbikes: