View Single Post
Old 11-14-22, 10:10 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3226 Post(s)
Liked 1,779 Times in 1,074 Posts
Originally Posted by gif4445
I'll have to check out Smartwool. I have a few pairs of DeFeet, but the seam around the toe area is too large. My right foot/leg has been injured many times through the years and seems to swell more than the left and I can feel the seam.
Sorry, I had assumed the DeFeet did not have a seam since I don’t feel it, but yeah, I looked and they do! I can barely notice it feeling for it with my fingers, and they call it “no-feel,” but it’s there!

I checked my Danish Endurance woolies, too, and they also have a toe seam, but like the DeFeet, it is imperceptible to me. I didn’t mention them before because they don’t have a cycling specific light wool sock, but I use their wool hikers in my Northwave winter cycling shoes without problem, so their light hikers might be quite thin— they have a wool liner model as well— and interesting…except for the seam.

In fact, I just checked all my favorite cycling socks, and they all have toe seams! Hincapie, Capo, Mavic, and Supacaz. Are there no-toe-seam socks??!
Likes For chaadster: