View Single Post
Old 11-15-22, 03:42 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6270 Post(s)
Liked 4,298 Times in 2,407 Posts
Originally Posted by Pompiere
Unfortunately, the brake pads on my bike are already at the bottom of the slots. Maybe a different brake would have more adjustment. When I bought the bike, it looked like it had led a rough life as a commuter and they used whatever parts they could find to keep it on the road. It had a 700c rear wheel and the cantilever brake had been swapped out for a Dia Compe centerpull. The front still had the original cantilever and a 27 inch wheel with a Campagnolo hub.
I’ve never had a problem when I’ve upgraded brakes many times on a 1983 Miyata that began as a 27” and I converted to a 700C. Like 5 or 6 different brakes. Never had a problem being able to adjust the brakes to the right height. Even more modern cantilever brakes have a fair amount of adjustment.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!