Old 11-15-22, 08:31 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 1,814 Times in 1,041 Posts
Originally Posted by Badger6
Short update. I live in Belgium, and it rains frequently here from October to March, and a little less frequently from April to September. So the bike is gonna see rain...and yesterday was the first rainy ride. Noticeably, the brakes were much quieter once the bike was good and wet. The brakes also seemed (this is purely perception I am sure) a bit more confidence inspiring because of the improved threshold modulation over the previous generation hydro brake system from Shimano. And yes, having ridden on SRAM hydro discs, these are amazingly better, IMO (again, probably just perception, but they work really well). The brakes alone are reason enough for me to be happy with my choices here.

I have to agree with you on the brakes. Shimano brakes are just better. I recently got a new Domane with the eTap AXS and I find the brakes to be the weak point. I am so used to Shimano brakes and I find these just not a solid. Again, could be that I am just used to the Shimano brakes. I am currently updating my Emonda ALR with eTap AXS, but staying with the Shimano rim brake, so I picked up some new Ultegra 8100 brakes which allow for a better fit on the 28mm tires I run. Never was a fan of the SRAM rim brakes.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 11-17-22 at 05:55 AM.
Likes For jaxgtr: