Old 11-17-22, 03:06 PM
VRJAKE 

Bikes: Bakers dozen is the limit!

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 455 Times in 143 Posts
Love fine watches, yet for mixing bike riding and watches, became a bit obsessed to identify a suitable tool to wear while riding. Developed some criteria: must be very readable on the road, durable, comfortable, stylish, not very big, not very expensive, oh and weight weenie! Decided that Titanium would be the best case material for durability and satisfying the weight weenie criteria, and also pretty cool. Watch band nylon "NATO" or silicone or rubber of some sort for comfort and a sporty style. Military style dial for easy reading. And while riding, don't need to know what day it is, or what the date is, or pretty much anything else other than what the dang time is! Found this boutique brand out of Singapore that makes titanium case watches, RZE, and this 38mm Valour model just came out. Sports a trusty Seiko NH38A automatic movement. With the NATO nylon band and 57gram weight, it disappears on the wrist, yet is highly readable, and the "Arrowhead" yellow dial is fun to my eye (there are several other color choices). Waterproof to 100 meters, Ultrahex hardening coating on the titanium case, screw down crown, sapphire crystal make for what I hope is a durable piece. Found an unused one on ebay for about $200 US.

Review for more detail (note, I've no relationship with RZE, am not trying to sell or market, just a happy customer is all):

https://watchclicker.com/rze-valour-38-review/

Likes For VRJAKE: