View Single Post
Old 11-22-22, 06:51 AM
frogshawn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Koga Denham bars for sure. I wish they had existed when I built up my Co-Motion, I absolutely love them and would agree with Alee they are excellent for touring though most of my riding has been commuting and some longer rides but not so much with a lot of gear. I have plenty of drop bar bikes but I am finding I like a more upright position these days and I don't dislike my drops but I don't really use the actual drops that much but the hoods yeah and the Denham extensions are basically in my hood position.

Obviously the Koga's are hard to get in the U.S. but no fear Velo Orange is here with the new Crazy Bars. The original V1 Crazy Bars are what Alee based his Denham bars on and now VO is basing their V2 Crazy Bars on the Denham bars it is excellent.

I would of course talk with your builder and mention these concerns before they start brazing or welding or moulding or however they are joining the tubes or creating the frame and they might also have ideas and your bar choice could influence the geometry a bit.
The Denham bars looks very interesting and Alee has a whole lot of miles on them. I like that they don't have as much sweep as the Jones bars. I like my drop bars but rarely ever use the drops. Most of my time is spent just behind the hoods and on the flats. The new bike is going to have a 18spd Pinion drive and the builder said re-cabling a Pinion bike is a pain, so swapping handlebars won't be as easy.