Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3917 Post(s)
Liked 1,970 Times in 1,406 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevinti
Thanks, that's a lot of good info. You are right about the seatpost setback, I did move the seat up a 1/2 inch though so it's maxed fwd for now. I will get the pedal straps mounted ASAP. I was worried it would be too much for her to worry about but I think she'll be fine since she can get all set before we start off. My foot slipped off forward on our first try and I did not enjoy that but it was low speed and caught it. Weather permitting we will be able to put a few more miles on this week
Every once in a while, I miss the clip when the first pedal comes up, but Stoker handles it fine. Maybe complains a little but handles it anyway. It's hard to be perfect. That said, it's good to have pedals with which it's easy to hit the clip. You'll have to see if toe straps are as easy to use as a double-sided SPD pedal. I think the captain should always have double-sided pedals if they're clipless. Of course with flats and toe straps, you can use either side of the pedal when starting and mess with the toe strap later.