stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by gobicycling
There is a 60 plus Facebook group, a 65 - 100 + Facebook group, a 70 and an 80 all on Facebook. There is also a huge 50 plus forum on Facebook, with about 30,000 participants. I moderate the 65 to 100 plus group. As someone mentioned it took a while to even form the 50 plus group on bikeforums.net, with a lot of arguing and disagreement. At that time they were not so many older riders as there are now, and a lot of people thought their bicycle life had finished at 50, or were hesitant to start bicycling at 50. The group was started to encourage those 50 plusers to start and keep going. I am 83yo. I started riding when I was 58, with my first challenge being the 1998 Ride The Rockies that same year.
83? My hat's off to you, sir. 👍

I guess I should just quit whining then, huh? 😁😉

I did have some good luck, in the arthritis department, recently. I started taking Meloxicam, and it seems like it's working pretty good for me. 🙂

It's along the lines of Aleve, but stronger. Not a narcotic, either, somewhere in between the two, so it kills the pain, without turning ya into a zombie, lol. 🤪😁😉