Thread: HRM Watch
View Single Post
Old 12-22-22, 06:38 PM
mattcalifornia

Bikes: 2002 Eddy Merckx Team SC Resto-Mod; 2019 Ibis Hakka MX; 2017 Spot Brand Ajax Belt Drive

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 192 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by gkamieneski
I am looking for a watch that will pair with my Bryton 320 through ANT+/BLE to provide HRM data (I realize wrist HRMs are less accurate). I don't think the Apple Watch is yet able to pair with anything other than an iPhone, so I guess its HRM data won't be able to show on the Bryton.

I have noticed several Chinese wrist HRM ANT+/BLE devices on Amazon and these interest me as I could use them as a watch and use for non-cycling activities. Some do blood pressure and oxygen levels as well.

Anyone with experience with these types of units and pairing with Garmin or Bryton head units?
I can't tell if you already have an Apple Watch. If you do, AFAIK, the only way to pair it to your computer is by having the phone present and using an app like BlueHeart. However, I wonder if this will ever change. The Peloton app for the Apple Watch now lets you pair the AW directly with the Peloton without needing the phone.

I have an Apple Watch but have not been able to pair it with my Hammerhead bike computer. I also hate chest straps. So, I bought a Scosche armband HR. It's comfortable, accurate, has good battery life and supports Bluetooth and ANT+. You can pick up the Rhythm 2.0 for $39. There is an upgraded version for around $59