Old 12-23-22, 09:42 PM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked 557 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonts
That seat is an enigma tho. I know it's designed to keep the pedaling muscles unencumbered, but it's just so, so tiny... focusing all the sitting weight in such a delicate area. I honestly don't see how it's possible.

This is so close. A big flat seat forces you to work in a very difficult manner.

A touring bicycle saddle allows your legs to move in a much more natural way. Putting a wide flat seat on there puts more strain on your arms and wrists.

If you start riding 50 miles a week or more you will probably find that a touring saddle makes a lot of sense.

But this tandem may not be for you. I once test drove a Lotus. All I needed to do to make it fit me was to move the seat back a couple of inches and add a little more space between the pedals.

Yeah, I would have needed to move the firewall back to move the seat, and the wheel wells were in the way of the pedals. I let someone else have the Lotus.