Old 12-26-22, 09:32 AM
staehpj1

Bikes: Several

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1261 Post(s)
Liked 768 Times in 568 Posts
Roadside find

Here in my neighborhood folks put some nice stuff out for the city's bulk pick up. Many of us tend to curb shop to the point that folks set things out with notes saying what is wrong with an item or that it is okay. Over the years that I have been here I have gotten some nice stuff fron the curb.

Anyway on my morning ride today I spotted a Saris 2 Bone rack sitting there with the trash. I wondered if there was something wrong with it, but didn't check as I passed. Anyway it ate at me since I needed a rack for my wife's car and was thinking of buying one. So I cut my ride a little short to head back and check it out. The bottom line is that it was in perfect shape and will fit her car perfectly.

It is a $200 rack according to the Saris web site. There was a paper sticker on it that said 12.99 so the guy who set it out either bought it second hand for that or tried to sell it for that at a yard sale. I figure 12.99 would be quite a deal, but free is better,

I figured it could be repaired if it was missing something, but I didn't find any missing or damaged parts afyer checking it out. Saris seems to sell most of the parts, but it doesn't look like I need anything unless i need extra anti sway straps or something.