View Single Post
Old 12-29-22, 11:43 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by popeye
I would expect that from someone who is too fat for this sport but I know that is not you. :-} I have 3 concussions and one unconscious with a helmet so I have a different perspective along with the knowledge that there is a 6yo here who survived a crash in the trailer but her bare head mother on the e-bike did not. A few years ago a fellow cyclist here fell clipping in on the drive way no helmet yet fell, hit his head and done. Please lets drop the helmet issue before ........................0...0 I'm afraid this law low will just create more animosity for cyclists when the 3 foot law should be enough. Perhaps.
​​​​​​I could get too fat for this sport, I need a goal for the new year.

I worked with somebody who ruptured a disc in her spine sneezing, her doctors said lack of exercise left her with not enough core strength to protect herself. She went through a lot of agony, and lost her job because she was in too much pain to be able to sit. I sure don't want to go through an experience like that and am happy to learn from other people, so I lift weights to protect myself. Just like I wear a helmet when I ride, to protect myself.

I'm glad you're still here! 😁