Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2768 Post(s)
Liked 2,546 Times in 1,437 Posts
Originally Posted by Attilio
I know exactly what I am talking about and am listening. I used example of autocross and high performance driving as something with ongoing high expense that requires long distance to do, much the opposite of any kind of cycling which anyone can do from their house. The difference is in point of view because it is apparent that you all live in areas where XC skiing is accessible whereas most people including myself don't and would get a lot more use from year round riding of a fat bike.
Well of course this assumes you live where there is snow. That was the whole point.

If you don’t live where there is snow, then XC skiing does not make much sense. But you know what else does not make much sense in that case? A fat bike.

If you don’t live where there is snow on the ground, then most people (including me) would not bother owning a fat bike. And especially not for a one do-it-all bike (as you seem to be suggesting). If you are not riding in snow, there are much better do-it-all options out there.

But it is a moot point, because the question is what to do when there IS snow on the ground.

And no, you don’t know what you are talking about, evidenced by your going on about “ongoing expense” and needing to go to resorts. There does not need to be any ongoing expense or resorts for XC-Skiing.

And finally, who says you can only have a bicycle OR a set of skiis?

Last edited by Kapusta; 01-05-23 at 07:21 AM.