View Single Post
Old 01-06-23, 10:51 PM
northbend 

Bikes: 1937 Hobbs; 1977 Bruce Gordon; 1987 Bill Holland; 1988 Schwinn Paramount (Fixed gear); 1999 Fat City Yo Eddy (MTB); 2018 Woodrup (Touring) 2016 Ritchey breakaway

Liked 3,863 Times in 678 Posts
I sold my "flagship" last year when I realized it deserved a better home than mine.
You see, I'm a lousy collector from a preservation standpoint.
My bikes get ridden "enthusiastically" and great memories are made but they suffer for it.
Over time I started to feel guilty about that on the rarer ones and so, I stopped riding them so much and then they lose their appeal.
So the Singer passed onto Gugie.
Ready for Cino by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr
I'll likely sell the Hobbs soon as well for the same reason. It deserves to be someones flagship but it isn't mine. I'd like to see it go to a good home
The Old Brit by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr

My flagship has to be my Woodrup. The frame was custom made for me 4 years ago.
This one gets the call most often by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr
It looks good and works great, and it's so useful.
I've accumulated a lot of good memories riding that thing.
Part of that attachment I have with it is the fact that friends like the Bowmans, Bob Freeman and Mark (Gugie) have contributed to making it.
The bike is still being refined as I continue to make it an expression of me as a cyclist.
It's currently in 'dry dock' at gugie 's for some custom racks which I'm very excited about.
I hope to tour on it in Europe later this year fulfilling another dream I've had for a long time.

Last edited by northbend; 01-07-23 at 12:49 AM.