rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked 5,888 Times in 3,026 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo
I don't get this thing batted around the internet forums of bringing beer or a pizza to a business. I've never heard of this locally and it would never cross my mind or the minds of anyone I know. I do try to insist on paying something if they do a little tweak as I'm waiting if they say "no charge", but don't feel horrible if they dont accept it. I just make a point of buying something in their shop from time to time that I could find on the internet easier.

Why not just be a loyal customer, pay for the work they do for you, just like you do for any other business? Maybe a lunch time pizza or some treats - or a cash tip - at Christmas or such.

But this is how to treat a great shop and is what they want:
Well since you asked. They gave me a half hour of free labor and advice. I insisted on paying them but they would not accept it. Besides, the employees are not wealthy and probably make minimum wage. I can afford it and rewarding generosity with a token of appreciation is the least I can do, You do you and I will do me. No judgement. We all do what works best for ourselves.

Likes For rsbob: