View Single Post
Old 01-12-23, 01:45 PM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I mean the only time I might possibly worry about hydraulic disc brakes on tour is if I am touring in some very remote places in less developed countries. People have been using them for decades on mountain bikes with no real issues and like anything on a bike so long as it is set up properly and you keep up with any maintenance you might require you are fine. If people aren't constantly ripping out lines on MTB trails I think you will be more than fine on the road. In the many disc brake bikes I have sold very very few have had any real issues and usually that is either warranty stuff we find right away on a new bike or it is generally something uncommon or just normal maintenance like someone decided to not change their pads in forever and have been riding it a lot but that can happen with rim brakes or mechanical brakes of any sort that use pads.

White Industries does make excellent hubs, freewheels, cranks and other great stuff. They are a good choice for nearly everything.
My head is with you on the disc brakes, I'm just an old geezer who finds it hard to change.