View Single Post
Old 01-12-23, 07:29 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4461 Post(s)
Liked 4,130 Times in 2,760 Posts
Originally Posted by CrowSeph
The default one were the dame brand as the bike. Never had any problem and they were very stable. Next i used those lock on, can't remember the brand but they had lots of lamellae very helpful during summer for the sweat but i think they lasted 2.000kms... until i decided to use the ones I mentioned above. The lock on with bolts yes they were stable but i had to cut down all 4 bolts because they were very oxidated and stuck as heck.
Try Ergon grips and you shouldn't have the issues. I believe they are using stainless steel bolts, certainly haven't had any issues with any of mine over the years. My main commuter has seen sweat and heavy rain and no issues and my other bikes have also seen zero issues and my oldest pair is 5 years old I believe and I am a heavy sweater.