Old 01-18-23, 10:17 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
Liked 3,682 Times in 1,469 Posts
The verdict is in...or is it? The cumulative list of our favorite/best bikes...

I took off work today, and it is super snowy outside and nothing really to do, so I got nerdy. I really enjoy those 'favorite ride' and 'whats your #1' and 'best ride ever' type threads, so I poured through maybe 8-12 of those threads through the past few years (going back to maybe 2013 or so?) and started making a list to record the bikes that people listed as their 'best ride/favorite bike/etc'. Not sure why. Just curious. I'm a researcher. I wanted to see if there were any trends.

None of it is super scientific, and for the true bike addicts, I had to wade through 3-4 posts by the same person, listing different bikes each time! Thought that was funny.

It's not perfect, and was probably a huge waste of time, but I thought others might be interested in the findings. I figure its hours of my life I'll never get back, so I might as well share! I tried not to count anyone twice, but I'm sure I did somewhere. Liberties may have been taken, especially if it centered around a bike I currently own (just kidding). I actually didn't count any response of mine.

Over 300 bikes, by hundreds of posters. Before I spill the beans, anyone want to make any guesses? Most frequently listed brand? Most popular model? Biggest surprise? Biggest upset? I was pleasantly surprised by some of the findings. I was also surprised by some of the names I didn't see even once.

I'll post all the juicy details soon.
Likes For AdventureManCO: