Old 01-22-23, 03:03 PM
mev
bicycle tourist

Bikes: Trek 520, Lightfoot Ranger, Trek 4500

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 181 Posts
In general, I like going to new places hence some trips I wouldn't do again mostly because I would go somewhere new instead I did them at a younger age and they might be much tougher now. There are also parts of longer tours where I would gladly do parts of them but not others again. Some examples:

- Africa north of the equator; a lot tougher so if I went again I would go from Kenya southbound but not from Egypt to Kenya mostly on difficulty - though past few years Egypt/Ethiopia and Sudan have all had period of instability.
- Russian steppes are nice to have done once and crossed off the list, but I wouldn't do the main road as it is more the same for long parts. I would be open to going slightly further south via Kazakhstan. Mostly a non-issue because I won't support the Russian economy right now and also would no longer be able to get a visa for over three months in the country.
- South America I would do most of it again, but Guyana to Suriname was hot/humid and I'd look for someplace different. I would be open to Venezuela if the country becomes stable in my lifetime (parts of which would also be hot and humid)
- Australia, I would do it again, one of my favorite long distance trips.
- US and Canada, I would do areas I've visited again (with a bias towards new places).
-