Old 01-27-23, 04:39 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 331 Posts
Beautiful day with temps between about 20 and 22C and a bit of wind about, increasing throughout the day.

Shortly after 11 am, my husband and I set off on a bicycle ride with no time limits. Most of our longer rides have been Audax rides and therefore have a time limit. This one was not an Audax ride ... it was just a ride to see what we could do if we had no time limits and no need to rush.

We flew! For us, that is. We sat on 20 km/h for the first 40 km which is quite a brisk pace ... for us. However we were assisted by a tail wind.

Just after 40 km, we arrived in the town we were aiming for and had lunch and a pretty decent break.

Then we headed back, meandering here and there. The wind was a challenging factor on the way back at times, but with no time limits, we kept moving and stopped now and then for a rest.

We had about 10 km to reach our goal when we arrived back at our start location, so we rode up and down roads until we got there.

100 km!!

That's the first time we've done that distance since my husband's accident almost 5 years ago. And it's 27 km more than our previous longest distance since that accident.

It's quite an accomplishment for us!!

Likes For Machka: