View Single Post
Old 01-30-23, 11:19 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7675 Post(s)
Liked 3,562 Times in 1,874 Posts
You can shoot oil up the cable housing if you fear corrosion .... but make sure the ferrules are sealed or people will claim you risk clogging with micro-dust particles.

This whole thing is silly. You want to eat vegetables, so therefore your favorite vegetable is best. Not only is your favorite best, all the others are poisonous.

Cable rim brakes work really well, even in the wet .... not as immediate as cable discs, but most of us road most of our lives on cable rim brakes and well, it didn't turn us off from riding.

Cable discs are in my experience on par with good cable rim brakes but are immediate even in wet/muddy conditions.

Hydro discs offer a Ton of stopping power, or more than you need with moderate effort.

NONE is particularly difficult to install,set up, or maintain .... They Are all doable, and anyone who chooses to, can learn how.

The only thing to fight over here is who can fight longer over less.

I have proven in the past that I can take that battle to the brink of banning and beyond. You are all welcome to follow in my footsteps and head right over that cliff.

We live in a world with literally the best bicycles mankind has ever created, available to us. Whether it is C&V or the latest of the most modern or anything else, it is all available ... so apparently "bicycle" is not what some folks are after.
Likes For Maelochs: