View Single Post
Old 02-05-23, 05:43 PM
steine13

Bikes: See my albums. I find that listing them here messes up searching.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 330 Times in 148 Posts
Originally Posted by DiegoFrogs
I always thought these looked so nice, and your example is no different.
Thank you

>> What are you going to do about the bottom-bracket cable routing for the derailleurs? I'm not sure that type of mount up top will allow the cable to go to the bottom-side stops, where you'd normally use housing to go, again, to the topside of the drive side chainstay, without the cable dragging on the downtube.

I had to read that a couple of times before I got it... I went and looked, and since the cable stops are at the bottom of the downtube, and the Shimano adaptors I'm using bring out the cable close to where the DT shifters did, it looks to be fine. Mostly I'm happy that the plastic inserts for the cable stops are all there.

>> The front derailleur probably has a built-in housing stop where the cable end is fixed in the derailleur and the housing end moves to actuate it (be sure to leave some slack when setting it up...).
Yes.
And yes.
And I shall.

Thanks for that. I saw the whole setup but didn't think about the movements involved. It's rather like 'interrupter' brake lever where you "push" on the housing rather than "pulling" on the cable. Good point about the slack.

cheers -mathias