Old 02-07-23, 08:29 AM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2630 Post(s)
Liked 1,982 Times in 1,241 Posts
Originally Posted by MyRedTrek
The instructions say after shaking it to drench the chain specifically saying you shouldn't judiciously apply it to each roller. Then make a big point of telling you after drenching it to wipe it all off, that it's impossible to overdo wiping it all off.

I get that you don't want to attract abrasive dirt but if you wipe it absolutely dry doesn't this remove corrosion protection and lubrication from the parts of the chain that contact the gear teeth?
The moving parts of a chain are not the ones you can wipe off. Inside the side plates and the insides of the rollers are where you need the lube. You can't wipe those off because you can't get to them (as long as you leave the chain assembled).

Corrosion protection? Shortly after I started using R&R, I went for a morning ride after an overnight rain while the roads were still wet. The next day I had surface rust on my chain. So like other dry lubes, I figure it means you only want to ride on dry roads after using the stuff on your chain; and of course chain ring tattoos are much less noticeable.
Likes For pdlamb: