View Single Post
Old 02-10-23, 11:40 AM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
I have the Rene Herse Maes bars on my gravel bike (and the old Velo Orange copycat on my brevet bike although it seems they don't make it any more -- I got the VO one because the RH was out of stock when I was building that bike -- in fact you can see them pretty clearly in my userpic, which is a head-on view of my brevet bike). 44cm in the lightly flared drops, 40cm at the hoods. I'm 5'5" and broad-shouldered for a woman my height, probably average-shouldered for a guy my height.

It's amusing to me that you say Jan/RH are big into wider bars, since when they introduced a lot of these bars there was considerable outcry that they only had "narrow" versions, especially from some very tall gents but also just people who like their bars wide, though they have added some sizes. (Alas, no comments on the blog these days -- while comments are always one step from deteriorating into nonsense on the internet, there was actually a lot of good advice and friendly chats in them back in the day.