mev
bicycle tourist

Bikes: Trek 520, Lightfoot Ranger, Trek 4500

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 181 Posts
Senior discounts

I suppose I could also ask this in the over 50 forum - but I'll ask it here in a touring context...

For those of you who qualify...What type of discounts have you found or look out for while touring?

I have been touring for a while (since college) and now getting to the point where I no longer get checked for ID to purchase alcohol but also don't have cases of sales people offering senior discounts. With an upcoming birthday, I figured I would see where I might now qualify as well as solicit this posting to see what others have found touring. Prior to turning 50, I had AAA membership despite not having a car because I found I had enough cases of motel discounts in a year that it covered membership. Once I became eligible for AARP, I dropped the AAA. It also seems like I run across fewer places offering AAA or AARP discounts in my travels as I noticed before. These discounts also seem to be more of a US thing than most places I've gone internationally.

An upcoming longer tour in the US, along with a birthday has me wondering what others who qualify look out for in terms of discounts...