Old 02-19-23, 06:27 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 2,975 Times in 1,828 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
You must have something going on for the diet requirement? I've had a number of them, from age 35 (my mom and her dad both died of colon cancer, and they found a benign polyp on my first one). I never had a diet requirement, just the day of prep (which, honestly, is not horrible if you're at home, the heat works, and the shower works). And after the procedure it is sooooo relaxing. Also, if I'm fit, I like trying to set off the heart rate alarm by relaxing and getting my heart rate too low (38? 39?).
When I had my first (and only so far) colonoscopy, they also said that they didn't want me eating any fiber the couple days before. Not sure why. I sort of thought it as they wanted my body to be totally shocked by the laxatives so everything would come out all at once rather than being used to pooping. Sorry for the gross imagery. Either that or they thought that if I was too regular from too much fiber, it might present as an inflammation. Could also be they looked at my weight (I'm not just too fat for cycling, my BMI says I'm legitimately overweight - down from obese a couple years back) and figured I wasn't eating much fiber anyway (they'd have been wrong) and wanted me not to be doing anything differently.
Likes For himespau: