View Single Post
Old 02-22-23, 02:38 AM
arty dave

Bikes: 30's Speedwell Club Racer, 40's Speedwell 'Z' racer, 50's Unknown Aussie with nice lugs, 50's Speedwell Roadster, 50's Repco Roadster, '63 Raleigh DL-1, 70's Raleigh Sprite, Puch Promenade with Nexus 8

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
I'm tossing the chaincase but saving the little cover from the back end and its screws.
I've been looking for the back chaincase cover ever since I bought my DL-1 5 years ago! If you're wanting to part with it I would dearly love to obtain it - it would be the finishing part to have a whole DL-1. I'm in Australia - but of course would happily pay for postage.

I've got the rod operated drum version. The braking is very average and does add a lot to the overall weight, but it rides so well I still love taking it out for a ride at least once a week. I have the mudguards (and chaincase) ready to go back on. Before & after photos, you can see the front linkage hanging sadly - I had to source a hub & front wheel, plus have some extra threaded rod welded to the linkage to make it the right length. It also came with a heavy duty 3/16" chain and chainring (non-heron), which I swapped out with 1/8".

Last edited by arty dave; 02-22-23 at 05:15 AM.
Likes For arty dave: