Old 02-28-23, 12:22 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
One generation back. 2017 to 2022.

That seems to be within the age range that is covered by the complaints.

If there was a steering problem, it is quite possible that the driver already knew about it and had been ignoring prior symptoms.

The speed shimmies show up is also often very specific for a vehicle, and often over 50 MPH (which is above the posted speed limit).

It looks to me like the steering and suspension of that vehicle may be mostly intact after the accident. It could be evaluated at a shop. And, if the hood is removed, the vehicle could well be test driven.
I was incorrect, it looked like a 2016 but clearly the headlight says otherwise. I have no knowledge of the newest Super Duty trucks. I do know that when you get the "death woggle", you lose control and only letting up and slowly braking regains stability. Sort of like a high speed shimmy on a bike. I think anyone who owns such a truck knows that this shimmy can rear its head at the most inopportune time and that fixing it is not so simple. Some resort to double stabilizers on the aftermarket.

Maybe the defendant is lying. He stopped immediately and did stay and he was crying. Police say it was not intentional. One of the videos online shows a car stopped at the accident scene with a hood pushed in, it was either an ES350 or 530i looking from the side. I suspect there is more to this tragic, horrific crash than meets the eye. It seems pretty clear the riders were single file riding right as much as possible. Just awful.