Old 03-04-23, 05:51 PM
P.L.Jensen
Pedal Pusher

Bikes: 1970 Peugeot PX-10 single speed - 1992 Ibis Cousin It Tandem - Zizzo Liberte’ Folding Bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 249 Times in 84 Posts
My single speed is a Peugeot PX10E that I bought in 1971… Yes, I’ve had it and ridden it regularly for 52 years…

The frame was powder coated glossy black about 15 years ago… The wheels were built in 1977 with Phil Wood Hubs and Mavic rims… The tires are Schwalbe Marathon… The bottom bracket is Phil, the cranks are Campy Athena… Gearing is 39 x 18… Pedals are dual sided from Nashbar…

The frame had cantilever braze on mounts added in the 1980’s and have Mafac Criterium Cantilevers on them… The headset is French thread Campy Record… Stem and bars are no name upgrades from Amazon… Brake levers are from Velo Orange… The seat was replaced five years ago and is a Brooks Pro… The original Brooks seat I still use, but on my beach cruiser…

This bike has been my many things over the years… Sole method of transportation, going out on a date machine, triathlon racer, century steed, city cruiser and now one of three daily drivers in our small town with flat and empty beach town roads…

As Neil Young once said ”long may you run”…

Last edited by P.L.Jensen; 03-04-23 at 09:33 PM.