mue

Bikes: Swift, Dahon, Lightfoot, Specialized, Respect, BD Dawes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
changes I'd make if offered a Swift frameset

Hi Paul, thread ..
Wow! Really glad to see a Swift in production! Wow!
Chromoly great choice. That's the best news, really.

Not really at all sure I'd be ordering a bike or frameset - money is challenging and already got spent before I saw this, so it'd be a new 'money project' to figure this one out (no way I'm selling the Xootr Swift I already have).

Let's move past that for the moment. I do have a history of buying the bikes I want. lol

- - -

If there's any money left -- what I'll change on a shipped frameset, if it becomes available:

Avid BB7 cable-pull disc brakes, dual chain-ring up front (no derailer there, only a finger-lift after dismount, to transfer) 8-speed 34t rear cog (bailout gear). Schwalbe Marathon 40-406 (20 x 1.50) tires, front and rear. Had good luck with the Sram X7 rear derailer, and matching trigger-shifter. Origin8 basket-handlebar (have one on my Xootr Swift).

No idea about rims (haven't looked at the market). Sun Rhyno Lite is my usual, though.

I think everything else on-offer in May for a built-up bike seems fine. I'd have gone with rear-facing track dropouts as on the Xootr, but it's not a deal-breaker, as I'm going rear derailer anyway. May have overlooked something I would've changed.

I have to say the green (is it green?) paint job is for me entirely unappealing. I don't remember what color choices made the final list but I'd be going with not-green unless it wasn't optional on a frameset (if/when).

I generally get bikes painted black; I did get one that was a very nice bright yellow, and it gets lots of compliments. It just looks good.

I'm 6'1" and do steep ascents (primary use of this bike; mine's a Xootr Swift (aluminum) in great shape, converted from (as-shipped) single-speed, to 16-speed with no front derailer).

I love this bike enough to want another for 'insurance' should for any reason I no longer have a Xootr Swift in good condition for riding.

I'm an old - JFK was not quite yet president when I got born. Silver is an oldfart color .. really? I'd be thinking Raleigh Forest Green from about 1969.

Thank you Paul.