Old 03-10-23, 10:11 AM
fooferdoggie 

Liked 957 Times in 564 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Here are my exact words:
Regardless of throttle usage or not, the drivetrain is required to have mid-drive motor transfer power to the rear wheel,
but no so for the hub motor ebikes.
If your drivetrain is dirty or lack lubrication, not only does it cause more wear, it also robs power from your mid-drive motor; but not so much with a hub-motor ebike.

Sure mid-drive ebike can be ridden without a battery, but with extra resistance of the motor & friction in drivetrain.

Nowhere did I say anything about "huge amount of power drag".

Exactly how many sub $2k hub drive ebikes have you weigh? how much do they each weigh?

Go ahead and name them.
How many of them come with a Bosch motor that have low drag?
drag on the drivetrain on a mid drive is like any other bike. thats just a pointless argument. the drag on a hub drive bike has actually more because if nothing else the rear wheel is far more massive. if you have to pedal either one without power the hub drive will be harder to do so. I have looked at the weight of many hub drive bikes 65# is pretty average but now you are seeing even larger batters or two batteries so they are getting to be 75# or even more. even for a 20" wheel bike. Let's see lectric rad hey bike I could go on all day long.