View Single Post
Old 03-16-23, 10:00 AM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2581 Post(s)
Liked 3,095 Times in 1,761 Posts
Originally Posted by 1989Pre
Like I said, I have noticed nothing-of-the-kind. You may be listening to the wrong people.
Surprising. I've seen plenty of posts from C&V'ers snickering or complaining about Lycra-clad MAMILs and Lance wannabes and how they never wave back.

In contrast, take a look at the Road subforum. Those people can be vicious to each other, but I can't remember ever seeing a post there maligning non-racers, and that includes C&V riders. For that matter, many of them (like myself) rode C&V bikes when they were brand new.

In contrast, the subforum with genuinely active racers ("the 33") and the Clydesdales and Athenas subforum are refreshingly free of snark, with mutual support shown through almost all the posts.

I'm far from a Clydesdale myself, but I often read threads there. I once remarked in a Clydesdale thread on the warm, welcoming nature of the majority of the posts and soon saw a reply from the late, sorely missed moderator Tom Stormcrowe, who said that the members of that subforum have endured abuse of one kind or another, subtle or otherwise, all their lives and use it as a safe haven.
Likes For Trakhak: