Old 03-20-23, 03:12 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,827 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc

A fork is a fork. Unless you are looking for museum quality authenticity, as a riding fork it probably is fine.

Plus you can get it raked at Cinelli specs if different.

Well, not exactly...

The reason I assumed the OP would want to find an original fork is because it is important for the fork geometry to match the frame it's designed for. The second line of your post is heartening, though, and if possible with a fully-chromed fork (I don't know if re-raking could/would cause distress to the chrome plating), that would be the best compromise to ensure handling close to the original.

Regarding the stay end treatment: I wonder if Cinelli had other framebuilders contracted to build these in the later 80s? The stay-end treatment was something I noticed, but didn't know there was variation until @smd4 posted the pic of his '89's ends. FWIW, here's a shot of my '83 Colnago Mexico with the same treatment to the ends as seen on the OP's frame:

@Spaghetti Legs Those 'C' buttons look genuine, so that's the route I'd go. Combining items to make the shipping worthwhile is a great suggestion

DD