View Single Post
Old 03-21-23, 08:17 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11052 Post(s)
Liked 7,600 Times in 4,239 Posts
Originally Posted by irreverentskier
Respectfully, I would disagree. I understand that the 1x granny gear drivetrain is popular right now, but the 2x drivetrain is a nice differentiator. The 1x folks have lots of granny options in steel (Genesis, Niner, Surly, All City, Kona, etc)... I doubt you can name another steel frame 2x with pretty good components and a 46t or larger front chainring for less than $3k (but please do if you can, as I’m shopping).

I think that the very low geared 1x drivetrains will be a short lived fad. Even for the folks who want a half dozen granny gear ratios, I doubt they actually use them all that much. I don’t drive my jeep around in 1st gear, even in the mountains, and I don’t need five additional gears that are almost as low as 1st.

Since the Renegades are sold out and back ordered, lots of folks seem to agree. But if there was a single 46t+ chainring, I’d test ride it.
Most of your post seems to actually agree with my prior comment so I am not sure why you start this post with declaring you disagree.

I simply think having a 1x and 2x option in the 631 tube frame would be nice. It sucks to have to go with 1x if you want that the 631 frame or that color frame.

Last edited by mstateglfr; 03-21-23 at 08:31 PM.
Likes For mstateglfr: