View Single Post
Old 03-27-23, 09:53 AM
Breadfan

Bikes: Niner RLT 9, 1972 Nishiki Road Compe, Jamis Renegade, Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 40 Posts
Gravel bike choices in the $1300 range

Before I buy, I'd like to get some advice. My budget is 1300.00 plus shipping and tax. I want a bike with a fairly nice groupset, light wheels and hydraulic brakes. I've narrowed it down to just one, the Canyon Grizl 6. It has DT Swiss LN wheels and hubs and a GRX400 2x10 groupset with GRX600 cranks. The GRX groupsets come standard with hydraulic brakes. I can live with the 2x as I will be doing some road biking also and all my gravel is pretty flat. I've done a lot of research and I can find no other bike that comes close to this. Most all of the other bikes I have looked in this price range come with mechanical brakes and something along the lines of a Claris, Altus, or Advent groupsets. I have no interest in those. They are two steps below the GRX400 groupsets and they don't have the option of hydraulic brakes. Well, I can't speak for the Advent X, I'm not sure where it stands in the groupset world, but I haven't seen, and I don't think there is an option for hydraulics. I may be missing something, but I have yet to find a better deal than the Canyon in this price range. I'm real close to pulling the trigger.